egtCAM5 WOOD is the software for the design and processing of wooden parts, withgeneric geometry, both 2D and 3D, to be machined on CNC machines with 3 to 5 axes.
2D and 3D geometry
- 2D elements (including lines, arcs, circles, chamfers,
fillets, polygons, texts…).
- 3D elements (including surfaces, regions, extrusions,
- Creation and management of parts and layers.
- Edit tools (including union, explosion, extension, cut,
curves height, color and transparency management,
- 2D and 3D transformations (including translation,
rotation, mirroring, scaling, offset…).
- Quick setting of drawing grids parallel to the
- Setting drawing grids by three points, in a plane
orthogonal to a curve in a given point, positioned
on a 3D geometric entity.
- Translation of the grid and possibility of determining
Import of geometric models
- Standard formats: dxf, stl, IGES, STEP.
- Other formats: ACIS, PARASOLID.
- NC file: cnc, mpf, xpi.
- Points file: pnt, xyz.
- Images: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp.
Tool libraries and Processing management
- Tool library: drill bits, milling cutters, blades, chisels,
- Parametric drawing of tools.
- Creation, modification and saving of tools setup.
- Machining library: drilling, milling, sawing, contouring,
pocketing, surface roughing, surface finishing,
- Management of machining parameters, including
radial and longitudinal offset, tool compensation,
machining side, safety distance, overlap, step type,
lead in and lead out parameters…
- Choice of tool for each machining in the library
and customization of tool parameters for each one.
- Definition and positioning of one or more raw parts
on the machine table, eventually with fixtures.
- Positioning of parts in raw parts with manual or
- Manual or automatic application of the machining
to the geometries on paths and surfaces.
- 2,5 axis machining for panels and such.
- 3 axis machining for low reliefs, plaques and such.
- 3+2 axis machining for doors, beams, windows
- 5 axis machining for generic parts (eg. chairs,
design objects, sculptures…).
- Specific machine model creation for machining
simulation that stays true to reality.
- Virtual milling to verify the finished part appea-
- Collision check between tools, parts, machine fixed
parts, machine mobile parts.
- Estimate of machining times and tool consumption.
Production management and Industry 4.0
- Integration with the company management system.
- Specific solutions for the management of machines
and production cells and for part and lot traceability
throughout the process from design to realization.
EgtCAM5 for DOORS
EgtCAM5 for BEAMS & WALLS